I adapted my recipe from Callie Shepherd and she adapted it from the Civilized Caveman.
- 2.5 cups mashed (4-6) bananas, yellow
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or any nut butter, i.e. macadamia, pecan, etc)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Tablespoon baking soda
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon Clear Stevia
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter and stevia in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well
- Line muffin tins or spray with olive oil and fill. It will make exactly 12.
- You could also use a loaf pan, although I had a hard time getting it completely done inside without over-browning the outside; hence the muffin tins. AND they cook faster as muffins, which means more banana bread quicker!
- Cook muffins for 20-25 mins till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Optionally, rough chop ½ C pecans and add to batter or ¼ C and sprinkle on top.