- 1 cup yacon syrup*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup birch xylitol or erithrytol
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust, if desired.
- I personally do a crustless pie or make an almond flour crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Yacon takes on the flavors of what it is mixed into, so I did 3 Tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup into a 1 cup measuring cup and then, filled it with yacon.
- Mix yacon syrup, eggs, birch xylitol, butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust, if desired.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.