- 3 eggs
- 1 cup yacon syrup* or in a one cup measuring dish put 3 Tablespoons real maple syrup and then fill with Yacon syrup
- 3/4 cup Monk Sweet Plus or 3/4 cup Birch Xylitol or 1 cup Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust, if desired.
- I personally do a crustless pie or make an almond flour crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Yacon takes on the flavors of what it is mixed into, so I did 3 Tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup into a 1 cup measuring cup and then, filled it with yacon.
- Mix yacon syrup, eggs, birch xylitol, butter and vanilla. Place pecans into the pie pan on top of the crust if you made one and then pour filling on top of the pecans.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.