Just made this batter with egg whites for our breakfast tomorrow.. It keeps well in the frig and Terry and I eat it for a couple of mornings.
- 4 eggs or 6 egg whites and two eggs**
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 or 2 squirts English Toffee SweetLeaf Stevia*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or other oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pecan meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped pecans to desired chunkiness (I like 1/2 cup pecan pieces.)
**Okay, we discovered that the batter is thinner and the texture better when we use egg whites instead of just whole eggs… Our granddaughter is allergic to egg whites, so we separated the eggs for a cake for her and I needed to do something with the egg whites, so I made waffles and we LOVED the crispier texture.
*If your family is not used to stevia yet, you can put 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon of Birch xylitol or Erythritol and reduce the stevia…
View original post 191 more words