Just made this for lunch. It is amazingly good!
I used 1/2 c mozzarella because I didn’t have Parmesan.
I put 1/4 teaspoon REAL salt and sprinkled a good bit of garlic granules in the mix. We all liked it and I will definitely be doing this again.
Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe
(Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Primal-Friendly)
- 1 egg, preferably from pastured hens
- 1/2 cup packed grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tb plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot*
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch fine ground celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well-combined. [Elizabeth: I used my standing mixer for this recipe, but a hand mixer would definitely work just as well.]
3. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or anExopat. Use a silicone spatula to spread the mixture out as thin as you can make it without seeing any holes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. The edges should be very browned, and the top should be nicely browned. [Elizabeth: mine took a few minutes longer–I don’t think I spread it quite thin enough!]
5. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.
6. Serve! Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container. To reheat, just place the slices in a toaster oven set at 200-250 degrees for a few minutes.
* Arrowroot is not GAPS-legal. See reader comment below for a GAPS-legal substitution. (1/8 cup coconut flour for GAPS)
Here is the link online to the recipe